Friday, June 19, 2009

Softball

Today Stephen left for the Wasatch Back race. It is a twelve man/woman team that runs from Logan to Park City. Since Stephen is away, we decided to play.

I took the kids to the rec center and we went swimming. I've never taken three kids all by myself swimming before, but it was actually a great time. Aiden did his own thing and I put arm floaties on Asher and then Macy and I hung out. She loves the water.

After a couple hours of swimming and burned skin. (aiden refused to have sunscreen on and took straight to the water, and I of course forgot about myself) we came home for Macy's nap. She slept until 5:30 and then we got pizza and headed to my brothers softball game.

Chase played as a sub on Bracken's team tonight. It was fun seeing them play together. Of course their team lost, they haven't won yet, but they had a great time. It reminded me so much of going to their games when we were little. They are both athletic boys and always excelled in sports. The kids made some new friends at the ball field and had fun watching the game too.

After the game we went to Olive Garden for dessert. It was a fun filled day! We have more fun stuff coming up this weekend. Tomorrow is date night with my hubby, Sunday is a father's day BBQ and Monday is my twin brother's Bracken, and Chase's two year anniversary from overcoming a drug addiction. I'm just so proud of how far they have both come. I know the odds are really stacked against them, but they are just proving the statistics wrong. They are great uncles and fun brothers and I love them so much.










1 comment:

Marie said...

Happy Father's Day Stephen!